Huguenot Yacht Club

Slip Information:
Marina Phone: 914-636-6300
Harbor Lane West, 
New Rochelle, NY 10805
View Marina Website

It was in October, 1894 that a group of yacht owners organized what was called the Neptune Yacht Club. They later changed the name to commemorate the Huguenots who originally came from La Rochelle, France, to settle in this area. By December, 1894 , the club had 46 members to its credit. It officially opened on January 1, 1895 and officially incorporated on February 8, 1895. At that time, the club was located just outside the bridge. It consisted of 2 small buildings leased from Mr. Adrian Iselin (1818-1905). On April 27, 1895 the club held its first regatta. By May, 1896 the club expanded to 80 members and celebrated the opening of a new, larger club house. Huguenot Yacht Club hosted Saturday Night dances that became extremely popular. The first annual dance was held at the ‘Gymnasium’ in New Rochelle on April 23, 1895.