CONTEST Win Bahamas Chartkit and Cruising Guide!
Enter to win a Bahamas Chartkit from Richardson’s Maptech and a Florida Embassy Guide (value $150). Register to win now: marinalife.com/springcontest.
It is now easy to access all of the information you need to plan your next cruise or getaway. Use the enhanced Marinalife quick search on marinalife.com to find information about marinas, anchorages, destinations, fuel locations, cruise itineraries, articles and more —all in one location.
BoatSetter, a new rental marketplace, conceived, run and supported by marine industry veterans, is now live in South Florida (more locations coming soon). BoatSetter unites boat owners with prescreened renters that will help make boating more affordable and accessible. Boat owners make the most of their asset by chartering their boat on the days it would otherwise be docked. The owner sets the terms on availability, frequency of use and cost along with access to a nationwide network of USCG licensed captains.
“Where Are We” Contest Winner
Nancy Cooper correctly guessed the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and won 1-night free dockage. Congratulations!
Boating Community Awards
- ABBRA Boatyard of the Year—Thunderbolt Marine in Savannah, Ga.
- ValvTect Marina of the Year—Dog River Marina in Mobile, Ala.
- Marina of the Year—Marina Dock Age Magazine – Large Category Winner —Southport Marina in Southport, N.C. Small Category Winner —Nantucket Boat Basin in Nantucket, Mass.
- Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., is undergoing a major redesign of the marina. The $15 million project includes upgrading to Marine Tech floating docks, metered power and 10 new slips to accommodate large vessels. Phase 1 has been completed including an additional 1,600 feet of linear dockage. Phase 2 is projected for completion in October in time for the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show.
- Pelican Rest Marina in Galveston, Texas has been rebuilt after the devastation of Hurricane Ike in 2008. The marina now offers boaters both gasoline and diesel fuel, WiFi, dockside power and water. Bellingham Marine supplied 3,327 feet of concrete floating docks for the facility and now the high-end marina complex can accommodate vessels up to 165 feet.
- Golfito Marina Village & Resort on Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast is scheduled to open in June 2014. The resort is located in a safe harbor just 343 miles north of the Panama Canal and is surrounded by untouched tropical rainforest and white sand beaches. The deep-water marina has 122 slips along with top-notch amenities including an infinity pool, spa and a unique restaurant and nightclub accessible by a private water shuttle.